- An eight-cusp star at the centre of a circle.
- The Arabic word – “حلال” is at the centre of the star.
- The word “HALAL” is in the Roman alphabet below it.
- The word “Malaysia” is written in the Roman alphabet and ماليزيا in Arabic within the circle of the logo.
- Two small five-cusp stars are positioned to separate the Roman alphabet from the Arabic word mentioned.
- Example of Standard Number MS
- Application Reference Number
Recognized Board on Halal issues
As applicable, the recognised authority refers to JAKIM, JAIN, or MAIN.
Islamic Law (Sharia’)
Islamic Law (Syara’) refers to Islamic law based on the Syafi’e school of thought, or the Maliki, Hambali, or Hanafi school of thought, as ordered by the King of Malaysia and enforced in the Federal Territory or set by the Royal Head of any State and enforced in each state.
The meaning of Halal is derived from an Arabic phrase means permitted or authorised by Islamic law. The definition of Halal according to the Trade Description (Use of the term “Halal”) Order 1975 is as follows:
When this term is used concerning food in any form whatsoever, in the course of trade or business as an aspect of trade or part of an aspect of trade for food referred to, the term ‘Halal’, ‘Halal Guaranteed’ or ‘Islamic food’ or other terms can be used to indicate or may be understood as meaning to indicate that it is lawful for Muslims to eat and is permitted in their religion as food.
Therefore, it must mean the following:
- Does not originate from or contain any parts or things from animals that are forbidden to Muslims by Islamic law or animals that are not slaughtered according to Islamic law.
- Does not contain any material considered sacred in Islamic law.
- Not prepared, processed, or manufactured using equipment or utensils that are not free from impurities as defined by Islamic law.
- At the stage of preparation, processing, or storage, do not come into contact with or keep near any food that does not meet the requirements of (s) (a), (b), or (c) or any materials considered sacred by Islamic law.
Halal Malaysia Official Portal